When the Sea Beckoned | #WordlessWednesday

“The Sea! The Sea! The Open Sea!

The Blue, The Fresh, the ever free.”

-Bryan W Procter

Busy is the word at the moment. Too many things on my plate currently, and I’m left with very little time to continue with my sketches and drawings for #Inktober or even blog.

As I bemoan the lack of ‘me-time’ and the absence of my writing schedule or the fitness regime —the two absolute musts that keep me mentally and physically fit, I am yearning for a break—a much-needed one! Few things fill me with greater joy than those unhurried moments by the beach.

The heart longs. Isn’t it strange how it always does so, especially when you know you are not in a position to go anywhere? It has been a while that I’ve soaked my feet in the wet sand and felt the moist sea air brushing across my face.

The picture I’m sharing today is from a holiday that we had a few years back—a beautiful reminder of those wonderful days we had once spent by the sea. What was most amazing about this place and especially this balcony, was the breathtaking view that welcomed us in the morning— as we watched the waves splash against the rocks in an endless rhythm! One felt a longing to hold onto those moments, wishing one could live there forever!

Where is this?

In the land of sea, sun and serendipity—Goa, of course!

Wordless Wednesday 82

*********

If you are new to #WordlessWednesday but would like to participate, here’s how you can join Natasha and me: Just follow our three easy steps:

1. Post a picture on your blog that speaks for itself. It could be from your adventures, experiments, life’s quirky moments, travels or just plain random shots. Absolutely anything that stoked your being.

See you on the other side of the frame. Happy #WW. 🙂

• Natasha

Bliss ah! this, and the magic of your words and the panoramic shot. Floored I am, Esha.

Sending you much love and happy vibes my dear friend. <3

Thank you, dear Natasha! Lovely, isn’t it? I miss it so so much, now that our Goa trip stands cancelled. I’d be right by the sea now, soaking in the moist sea breeze this time, if we had gone ahead with the plan. Loads of love and happy vibes to you too, my dear! <3

The longing for vacation – the planning – sometimes that is all that keeps us going.

Oh, absolutely. I couldn’t agree more. It had kept me going for a while. Sadly, will now have to wait another couple of months more for the next one. Thank you for visiting and Happy weekend, Alana. <3

• Sanch @ Sanch Writes

That’s my idea of a perfect vacation. Actually, I’d just love to live in a place with that view. Sending big hugs and more me-time!

And mine too, Sanch. I love the sea. Could spend all day watching the waves. Hugs to you too, dear Sanch. Looking forward to meeting you in Bangalore this year. 🙂

• Patrick Weseman

That looks like a wonderful spot. I would love to spend time there. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

It sure is, Parick. It was a perfect way to unwind by the beach! You must visit Goa if you haven’t yet—you’ll love it! Happy to see you stop by and share your thoughts. Thank you for joining us for #WW. Have a wonderful weekend.

• Damyanti Biswas

Goa looks wonderful! I feel like booking this place straightaway.

Goa is fantastic. I’ll never tire of it…and the beaches…oh so lovely! You must plan a trip at the soonest, Damyanti.

• arv

This picture sets the mood for relaxation. Good one

Yes. It absolutely does. Perfect idea of a relaxed holiday by the beach. Thanks a lot, Arvind.

I know how it feels when heart longs for a time in past… Hope you get to experience all of that soon. Take a break I would say… Even if it’s for a day 😊

Thanks, dear Rajlakshmi. I’m glad you say so. Yes, I know what you mean. Might have to wait for another couple of months before my next. A break sounds so tempting. 🙂

• Shalzmojo

Wow that view and that balcony – I can understand your yearning for the picture made me feel so too! I hope you get your much awaited break soonest Esha!

Thank you so much, dear Shalini. Fingers crossed, hoping for one. (Tumhare muh mein ghee shakkar! :D)

• Ramya Abhinand

The sea and its charm and beauty, can captivate any heart…

Ah, yes, Ramya. I’m glad you feel that way too! Those of us who love the sea can never seem to have enough of it, no? 🙂

• Corinne Rodrigues

Nothing can calm me as much as the sea. Just looking at this picture is calming me. Thank you for sharing, Esha.

Oh yes, I’m with you on this, Corinne. Goa, to me, is always synonymous with the idea of a perfect relaxation!! I never seem to tire of the sea or its charms in spite of being a mountain girl! 🙂

• Roshan Radhakrishnan

I used to love that… silent moments beside the sea. Honestly been so long. Therapeutic.

I know, doc! I feel the same way too. Yes, somehow one never needs company when spending time by the sea. Therapeutic totally!