Face to Face | #WordlessWednesday

In a world of algorithms, hashtags, followers and so on, the joy that comes from making real human connections is indescribable. And yet, the biggest paradox of our present times is that despite this craving for the deepest connections with others we find it difficult to trust others, so as to let them in.

Do you connect with people easily? Or do you hold back and wait, to know if they are worthy of being trusted?

#WordlessWednesday 73

(A leaf from my South Africa travel diary—Courtesy the two Dassies that posed so happily for me at the Waenhuiskrans Caves, near Arniston)

*********

If you are new to #WordlessWednesday, but would like to participate, here’s how you can join Natasha and me—Just follow our three easy steps:

1. Post a picture on your blog that speaks for itself. It could be from your adventures, experiments, life’s quirky moments, travels or just plain random shots. Absolutely anything that stoked your being.

See you on the other side of the frame.

Happy #WW. 🙂

• Patrick Weseman

I hold back. I don’t trust easily. I only connect with those who want to connect with me. Most people think I am crazy and keep it moving. Those who take the time to know me are the ones I want to connect with.

• Corinne Rodrigues

I used to trust easily, but these days I tend to hold back and I’m confused as to whether it’s a good thing or not… Love how you brought out this through the picture!

• Suzy

Love the picture. I’m the opposite I trust until proven untrustworthy and once you lose my trust, it’s basically gone forever.

• Sonia Chatterjee

This picture is so pure and innocent, I used to trust people very easily but bitter experiences have taught me to be on my guard. It gets difficult at times but it also helps me from feeling betrayed, Linking up with your post for this weeks Wordless Wednesday again.

I hold back nowadays. I am scared to trust–yes, scared, is the word! Because you don’t know the person and at this age when we meet someone new, we haven’t known them long enough to really know them. However, there are some people with whom I just vibe well from the word go. I do give it time, but it turns out I have made a couple of good friends despite not knowing them or meeting them!

• Natasha

Yes, I’ve over grown the “trust immediately” phase, and I wait to get to know the person better, before putting my trust on them. Think I’m happy being this way, because when I trust, I trust from my heart and soul. And in the process I have managed to create many deep connections and bonds.

Lovely post Esha and what thought provoking lines to go with it. <3

• Mascha

So cute! Well captured.
    Greetings from Germany

• Shilpa Garg

That’s such a lovely capture… they sure are communicating with each other.
    I can talk to people but that trust part doesnt come easily to me. But that’s because of innumerable bad experiences. Loved your take on this picture, Esha!

Thank you so much, Shilpa. Glad you shared your thoughts. I can see why somany of us have reasons to feel that way. Life experiences often colour our visions.I’ve been the same too.

Thank you so much, Shilpa. Glad you shared your thoughts. I can see why somany of us have reasons to feel that way. Life experiences often colour our visions. I’ve been the same too.