Solitude | #WordlessWednesday

“Many a times, the best means to restore oneself comes from solitude.”

-Esha Mookerjee Dutta

#WordlessWednesday 67

**********

New to #WordlessWednesday, but would like to join the fun? Here’s how you can join Natasha and me.

Just follow our three easy steps:

1. Post a picture on your blog that speaks for itself. It could be from your adventures, experiments, life’s quirky moments, travels or just plain random shots. Absolutely anything that stoked your being.

See you on the other side of the frame.

Happy #WW. 🙂

How fitting, that as I viewed this, a hummingbird came by (second time in a week) and fed as I enjoyed your photo. This photo was fitting for “solitude”.

Thanks, Alana. Glad you liked the picture. Nature validates my belief in this picture. Looking forward to you joining us for #ww this week.

• Anamika Agnihotri

Wow this is a brilliant shot and a perfect depiction of solitude. I can get lost in this picture.

Thank you so much, Anamika. Glad you liked the picture. Yes, I know what you mean.

True, Esha. But, these days, I find solitude stifling, scary. It’s in the late evenings, that I start getting edgy when alone at home. I don’t know what and why it so happens. Maybe it’s age, or whatever happened last month. I did love solitude all these years, though. These days, some of the times, I would rather be out of the house, alone, than indoors, alone!

Oh, I know, sometimes you go through such crises that it makes you want to run away from solitude. I guess we are all in these different states when we either love it or hate it. I can understand your situation, Shilpa. Have you tried listening to music in the evenings? It might help you feel better. Do try.

• Mahati ramya adivishnu

the sole bird on the long branch.. Good snap

Thanks, Ramya. Glad to see you stopping by and share your thoughts.:)

• Balaka Basu

Brilliant shot..kintu amar chabita dekhe kemon jeno mon ta kharap haye gelo..bhishon eka jeno pakhita..kirakam shunyata, faka faka..

Thanks dear. Hyan re…ekakittwa ache…shunyatao achey…aar ei niye baanchaa!

• BellyBytes

How do you manage these truly wonderful shots that leave one wordless?

Thank you so much, Sunita for the amazing compliment. The idea was to ensure that the picture qualifies for a wordless post. Happy you say it does. 🙂

• Shailaja Vishwanath

Absolutely breathtaking shot and the caption is so spot on, Esha! I can feel the solitude and the peace here.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Shailaja. Happy I could bring in some peace and solitude through the picture.

• Shalzmojo

Love the quote Esha and that picture sure makes an impact with or without it! 🙂

Thank you so much, Shalini. Sp happy to know your thoughts on the pic. I guess I have to agree that the picture does speak for itself in this case. Glad you stopped by the blog. 🙂

• Obsessivemom

What a lovely shot and the perfect background for the bird. Your quote compliments it so well.

Thank you so much, Tulika. So glad you thought so. 🙂 Thanks much for stopping by the blog and sharing your thoughts.

• Vidya Sury

Love the photo–the clear blue sky and the bird perched on the twig, looking up as if hopeful of receiving a message from the sky!

Thanks so much, Vidya. I have to say I love your interpretation of the image. Definitely a possibility.

• Parul

What a beautiful find this must have been. Is this one from SA?

You guessed it right, Parul. Yes, SA it is! On the road trip, our guide pulled up at a place just before entering a mountain pass and there was a tree with a bare branch and a bird sitting still on it. My camera was handy and I went for a quick capture.