The Orange Tree at Happy Lands

“Life is a series of tiny miracles. Notice them.”

This is my first post since my recent blogging break when I was away with the family to spend two amazing weeks in South Africa, one of the most amazing places on the planet. You can take my word for it. A place like no other!

This is a beautiful Orange Tree that we saw at Penny and Mike’s B&B in a place (with an even more beautiful name) called Sunday’s River (Afrikaans: Sondagsrivier) in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa where we got to spend two lovely days, on our way to the Addo Elephant National Park. This was one of the many trees in the orchard next to our cottage. So gorgeous— it brightened up our mornings to wake up to this sight! One of the many memories that I carried with me was this tree and it will always remain special.

Well, there’s going to be more pictures and stories coming up about the trip in my forthcoming posts, so all I can say for now is, do watch this space! 🙂

********

Joining Parul today for #thursdaytreelove which is a photo feature on Parul’s blog where you get to see beautiful trees from different places. If you’d like to join in, do visit her blog to know more.

• Archana

Wow! What a wonderful place. I can image how glorious it will be when the tree is blossoming!! Looking forward to your travel posts!!

Yes, Archana. The sight of it was breathtaking enough for me. The plantation was awe-inspiringly beautiful.

• Parul

That is so green and gorgeous! I love it. Thank you for linking and yes, I want to get started on WW too 🙂 see you soon.

Thanks, Parul. Happy to join in. Yes,glad you are joining. I am so looking forward to your post this week. Been a long time that we’ve seen you here!

• Anamika Agnihotri

The opening line held my attention, Esha and I couldn’t agree with it any lesser. The description of the place where you stayed makes me want to know more about South Africa. This is a place I have not known much about (apart from the history bit), may be just a little from Vasantha’s blog. All those green oranges hanging from the branches look lovely. How tall are orange trees? This one doesn’t look tall enough.
    I am happy to have you back to blogging. Looking forward to more posts on South Africa. And D would love to know the terms in Afrikaans language just as for Sunday River.

Thanks, Anamika. The place was truly magical. So warm and pretty and yet, so many miles away from civilisation as it was on the outskirts of a town. It was the first time I saw an Orange tree and that too laden with lovely fruits. Never seen them green like this, so was amazed like a child. I have lined up a whole list of things to share about South Africa. Please tell D that Afrikaans owes its origins to a Hollandic dialect that was spoken by mainly the Dutch settlers of what is now South Africa. In fact, they call it a daughter language of Dutch.I found the words in Afrikaans really long and difficult to pronounce but very interesting as each of them had a story to tell. Will share more with you from my notes that I made during the travels.

• Alice Gerard

That is a beautiful tree! Once those oranges are ripe, they will be delicious!

Thank you very much, Alice. It was so overwhelming to see the beautiful plantation that this couple owned, with oranges and lemons growing on trees in neat rows, with some fruits ripe enough and ready to be harvested.

• Pratikshya Mishra

Beautiful. Coming to think of it, i think i had never seen an Orange tree before. Would try to join in the linky. but i am bad at photography,…

Thanks, Pratikshya. You might be surprised that it was a new thing for me too…having never seen an Orange tree before. The orchard surprised me even more, believe it or not! As I keep saying always, post any picture that evokes some thought in you. It could be just about anything around you, or something that you saw and liked, an object, a scene, an event, a piece of art, anything in nature.

• G Angela

While I read the title of your post, I was looking for a orange colour fruit:) You surprised me with green and it looks lovely,thanks for sharing:)

Ah, Angela! You caught me out on that one…never thought of that when I was writing the post title! 😀 Thanks for the appreciation. So glad you liked it.

• SHALINI BAISIWALA

South Africa trip sounds amazing Esha and I am looking forward to the trip tales on your blog soonest.
    I love how you have made this tree sound so exotic 😉

Oh, I’m so happy to share my travel pics, Shalini. You know, SA is so so beautiful and each picture has a story behind it. Got too much on my plate right now, and juggling way too many things, but hopefully, come June and I will share my travel stories of the SA trip! The tree was truly exotic, trust me!