Skywatch #16

image

The swirling clouds fill in my morning skies. Gone are the glorious dawns when streaks of red and orange filled in every conceivable part of the sky, peeping down through the softly floating masses of cotton-like clouds!

These days, the greyness seems all encompassing and one can’t tell morning from evening or the East from the West, because the skies all around look exactly the same.

My living room has a pile of papers that lie unattended while I tend to the morning chores – the daily routine of mundane tasks that need to get done before I have the luxury to sit and write again.

The only break comes when I rush to pick up the clothes that are on the drying line just before a heavy downpour forces me to leave everything and run to the balcony.

The rains come and go intermittently through the day, in between my passing thoughts, that swing between past memories of rainy mornings and a swarm of faces of the people who crowd my present; of things I have yet to tick in from my to-do lists and fleeting tunes of half- forgotten songs that used to be my favourites once upon a time! Amazing how the mind straddles between diverse worlds and we get caught up in the quagmire of shifting memories!

Another cloudy day for you, did you say? As I settle into my second cup of tea, I seem to have taken countless trips back and forth, before I get my laptop ready to start my post!

So, what does your sky have in store for you today? I am joining Yogi, Sandy, and Sylvia at #SkywatchFriday and looking forward to enjoying all the different skies.  This is where bloggers from all across the world link up their posts and visit as many bloggers, in different countries and different hemispheres. What binds us all is our love of the sky. So, join in and have fun.

Wishing everyone a lovely relaxing weekend ahead! Good day everyone!

Gorgeous shot and I also do that – between cups of tea, a post brews. Happy weekend to you too Esha 🙂

• Esha Mookerjee Dutta

Thanks, Parul! Of course, tea fuels thought, doesn’t it? Wishing you a relaxing weekend too 🙂

• camanishpurohit

Picture perfect…only we could take a halt and enjoy the beauty mother nature offers to all. Perfect write up Esha, especially loved the starting para to the core 🙂

• Esha Mookerjee Dutta

Thanks, Manish! I completely agree…we cannot but wish to pause and enjoy the beauty of Nature all around us. I think the rainy season brings this beauty manifold before us! So, why not sit back and enjoy? 🙂

• patgarcia

I love your foto shot and the way you have reflected upon it. I am presently living in Germany and may join skywatch, even though my calendar is full.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Patricia

• Esha Mookerjee Dutta

Thanks, Patricia! Would so love to see the sky around where you live, i.e., whenever you decide to join Skywatch! Reflections come easy when you love the rainy season, I guess 😛

• Alana Mautone (@RamblinGarden)

What a lovely meme. Wish I had known about it before writing today’s post. I had taken several sunset shots last night – our sunset was so red. We are entering (for us) a heat wave and we have a saying here in the U.S. – Red Skies at Night, Sailor’s Delight. We’ll see.

• Esha Mookerjee Dutta

Aw, thank you Alana! Would have loved to see your red skies…I absolutely love the bright red tones we have out here…(I had put up quite a few in my earlier posts) Oh yes, the temps are soaring everywhere. We had a high of 50 degrees in many parts of the country this year, so I know the feeling! Stay cool and drink plenty of fluids to brace up for the heat wave. Take care.

• ewok1993

I like the way you write.

Worth a Thousand Words

• Peter B

A beautiful sky! I like the deep blue color.

• Esha Mookerjee Dutta

Thanks Peter! The sky was a little darker than usual that morning!

• vishalbheeroo

Such a blissful post, spreading energy and light. The camera shot is breath-taking, of course:)

• Esha Mookerjee Dutta

Thanks Vishal! Was experimenting…trying to shoot with my iPhone in low light and it works so well! The Nikon would have given a much clearer picture but a phone camera is always handy especially when you only have a split second to shoot 🙂

• vishalbheeroo

I am so bad with phone camera and still prefer my old Kodak lying somewhere.